These tips should be used as guidelines when developing arts-based programming for youth engagement.
- Invite personal reflection with acknowledgement of broader social context prior to art creation.
- Provide educational opportunities and a wide range of materials to encourage the use of a variety of mediums that are relevant to the message.
- Create safe spaces for youth to share artwork with one another and to elaborate on meaning.
- Leverage social media to promote ideas and messages displayed through artistic expressions.
- Offer opportunities for youth artistic expression to be showcased within broader communities.