Here are a few useful guidelines to keep in mind when developing your online campaign.
- Have a clear campaign goal and target in mind.
- Determine the measures for success (each campaign will have unique impact metrics) because they are not standardized).
- Decide on whether or not the campaign needs its own set of social media accounts and if they are available for use.
- Set dates and determine appropriate venues (place-based and virtual) where people can gather to show their support and interact.
- Provide regular updates and interact frequently with friends and followers based on their interests.
- Offer a range of opportunities for people to learn, interact and contribute meaningfully as co-contributors.